Информация о группе
The beginning of the band
It began with Sebas. In 2001 he wanted to start a band who played folk metal with Dutch vocals and that would stand up for the Dutch paganism, more specific for the Germanic tribes of the Saxons who (also) lived in the eastern parts of the Netherlands and thus also in the Dutch province Gelderland. In Gelderland there is a rich history in the faith in the “Asen” and different wars between Germanic tribes amongst themselves and with other nations.
Now the idea was born. Time to find the band-members. There have been many different candidates and in the end Paul (on bass), Joost (on drums) and Niels (on guitar) joined Sebas (who also plays the guitar) in the battle. The base of the band was there, therefor the time has come to plan the first meeting. In the house of Bloeddorst the first toast sounded and the style of music was fixed. Influences, amongst other bands, from Bathory, Thyrfing, Menhir and Storm helped us to create our own metalsound.
To do our pagan history and our pride of Gelderland justice it was important there would be two low and bombastic vocals, preferably a whole choir. We didn’t have to search long because Joris and Jesse, two friends of us already made plans for a pagan-men’s choir. So…Joris and Jesse joined the band and the occupation of the band was final.
Heidevolk started in the autumn of the year 2002. The name Heidevolk is Dutch and translated to English it means; People of the heathland.
Our first songs were Krijgsvolk and Gelders Volkslied (Geldrian Anthem). Shortly after that a lot of other songs were created because in Heidevolk there is no lack of zest for work or inspiration. And so it happened that in a few months our first 8 songs were composed.
It felt like the time to play some gigs had come. This appeared to be no problem because different bars and stages asked us to let them hear our songs. All of these gigs were a big success with loads of people wanting to see us perform, resulting in a booming T-shirt sale.
Things we’re currently working on.
* We’re working towards the studio-recordings of our debut-album.
* We’re busy putting together an acoustic set. Therefor electric songs will be used and also new songs (special acoustic songs) will be composed. Different instruments will be added like a flute, a midwinterhorn, a mouth harp and many more. This might lead to an acoustic album.
* We’re busy doing our research, as always, on the paganism in the Netherlands and on the history of Gelderland.
* We’re planning tours with French, German, Norwegian and other Dutch bands. These tours will probably be in autumn.
* And last but not least we’re putting together a choir especially for our album and for our stage-act. This will take some time. Mark and Rowan already joined this choir.
Joost den Vellenknotscher
De Strijdlust is geboren 2005
Wodan Heerst MCD, 2007
Walhalla Wacht, 2008
De Strijdlust is geboren - Re-release + MCD Wodan heerst, 2008
Uit Oude Grond, 2010
Официальный сайт: http://www.heidevolk.com